September 22, 2013

Long Faces & Hand Lettering

I've been going really nutty lately over hand lettering and I'm starting to dive into it myself. I've been playing around with different ideas for a local band Long Faces (I did their website too!), and I really like where it's going! We are doing hand lettered CD cases with a small note inside for a few specific people that are getting early releases of the album. Here is some of my progress...


This is an early drawing I had in mind, and it actually turned out to be the piece that I liked the best.


I ran with that idea, and this is how the cover came out. No reasoning behind a jellyfish, but I enjoy the added color!

I need to go in a neaten up some of the letters, but here's the track listing on the back.


What are your thoughts?

2 comments

meg bird said...

My thoughts are I love it. Seriously. I'm such a sucker for pretty letters, but can't get my hands to make anything nearly as beautiful as this.

Katie said...

Meg! Thanks!

It took me a while to just let go and not try to have my letting just mimic someone else's.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and thank you again for your kind words :)

paper kate. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.