December 31, 2012

Getting there

While 2013 is heading my way, thinking about 2012... not so much has happened. Well, I take that back, because I say that without actually thinking. I'm making it a point to reflect on my past - good and bad - and truly become inspired to brighten up my life. I want to start doing more of what makes me happy, and now at twenty-six, grow as the person I truly am meant to (and want to) be. This past year has been filled with wonderful relationships with so many many people, including myself. I've grown so much with Mike these past few years, in fact, what we have has turned into more of a relationship than I ever could have imagined even I wanted. He's my number one best friend, my confidant, and my rock. We always ask each other things like "Did you ever think five years ago that I'd be the one taking care of you while you're sick?" or "Could you ever have imagined us spending our summers on LBI together?" I wouldn't even want to think about my life without him, but I secretly do love thinking back on those silly little encounters we had years ago before we dated, and were only casual friends. I'm so happy I decided to go cut his hair that random cold night in December.

Looking back on a few of my goals from this past year, I want to giggle at myself. I truly am the queen of being totally gung-ho about something, putting my heart and soul into it, then just crapping out and forgetting about it a month later. I truly hate that about myself, and it's something I want to change! In order to succeed, I've realized I need a set schedule. I always have to remind myself to breathe, and not let the small things bring me down. Having a set schedule, and continuing to blog with some semblance of regularity should help. I'm going to come up with a list of 2013 goals soon, and once I do you all better hold me to them!


Have you accomplished anything amazing in 2012?

3 comments

Anonymous said...

2012 was a pretty much mixture of up and down moments, but in late Autumn I started an acting class and I got to know new, wonderful people and I was so glad about that. Cheers to a wonderful 2013!

Katie said...

That's awesome Isa!! Sounds like fun, I hope 2013 brings you great things!

xo, katie

Katie said...

Ting - yours too! Glad you commented :)

xo, katie

paper kate. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.